MeraNews Network, New Delhi: Days after United States president Donald Trump accused Pakistan of not doing enough to combat terrorism on its soil, the US government has suspended its USD 1.66 billion security assistance to Pakistan. Colonel Rob Manning, spokesman of the Department of Defense told reporters that the decision has been taken on the directions of President Donald Trump.

Deputy Assistant Secretary Defense for Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia under the previous Obama administration, David Sedney said that the blocking of military assistance, which began in January this year, is a strong signal of American frustration.

He told reporters that so far Pakistan has taken no serious steps to address the core US concern - that Pakistan often encourages groups which use violence against its neighbours. Sedney was a part of the Pentagon when Osama bin Laden was killed in a raid by US commandoes in Abbottabad in Pakistan.

On November 19, the American president posted two tweets from his personal Twitter account, “Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!.. We no longer pay Pakistan the $Billions because they would take our money and do nothing for us, Bin Laden being a prime example, Afghanistan being another. They were just one of many countries that take from the United States without giving anything in return. That’s ENDING!”