Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shreyas Talpade had on Monday attended an event to support the mission implemented through Dr. Bharti Lavekar's 'Tee Foundation Sanitary Pad Bank' in Mumbai. Dr. Bharti, who is an MLA from Versova had on April 2, announced her innovative mission to provide sanitary pads to 3 thousand female students from 52 BMC schools across Mumbai.
While talking about his association with the initiative Shreyas said, "I think this is an amazing initiative taken by Bharti tai. We were just talking about how less than 15 % women use Sanitary pads and the product does not even reach the remaining 85%. It is a very unfortunate thing where there is a lot of progress on one side and women on the other side don't get basic hygiene privileges. Irrespective of the government, we all have to take this initiative forward."
'Tee Foundation' laid the foundation stone of India's first digital sanitary pad bank on 'World menstrual hygiene day' on 28th May 2017. The bank has been working to ease those 5 painful days of a woman by providing free sanitary pads. the bank has installed sanitary pad ATM vending machine, disposable machines at 10 schools, 2 police stations and more. The actor also tweeted, while at the event, "With MLC Vinayak Meteji at an event organized by Bharti Lavekarji to distribute free sanitary pads to 3000 girls from various Municipal schools. Main Bhi #EkDinKaPadMan."
Shreyas Talpade has last seen in “Golmaal Again’ the 4th installment of Golmaal series with director Rohit Shetty and costars Ajay Devgn, Parineeti Chopra, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Kunal Khemmu and Tabu.